- 3 lbs. brisket
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 1.5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub the mustard all over the brisket.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, paprika, garlic, onion, pepper, salt and mustard powder. Sprinkle the spice blend all over the brisket.
- Place the brisket in a dutch oven and cover it with the broth. Cover the pot and place it in the oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour, flip the brisket over and set your ThermoPro thermometer to 205-210 degrees Fahrenheit. We used a dual probe thermometer since our piece of brisket was long Place the probe into the thickest part of the meat and cover the pot. Place the pot back into the oven and allow it to braise until the desired temperature is reached on your ThermoPro thermometer. If you’d like, you can also remove the lid from the dutch oven along with the thermometer probes, increase your oven temperature to 375 degrees, and place the dutch oven back in the oven for 20 minutes or so to brown the top of the brisket and reduce the liquid in the pot.
- Allow the meat to cool slightly, then slice or shred the brisket. Pour the juices on top and serve with your favorite side (we love crispy paprika potatoes).