- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary (or wooden skewers)
- 600 gram of quality lean lamb
- 2 large red onions
- 200g of ripe cherry tomatoes
- ½ a bunch of mint
- 300 gram fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful wild garlic leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 pinches fennel
- To create a flavorful marinade, start by tearing the wild garlic or peeling the cloves. Then use a pestle and mortar to crush them in combination with fennel seeds, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For a delightful coating on your lamb, combine the lemon zest with approximately 80ml of olive oil until you reach an ideal consistency.
- When using rosemary skewers, remove the leaves apart from 2cm at the top. Then carefully sharpen both ends to pierce through meat. Alternatively, soak wooden skewers in warm water for at least 20 minutes prior to use.
- Slice each of the lamb portions into 5-centimeter pieces, then peel and cut each onion into 6 wedges. Place them in a large baking tray with the cherry tomatoes and coat everything evenly with marinade.
- Skewer ingredients back and forth until you’ve completed the thread, then let it sit in the refrigerator until ready to be cooked.
- Gently mince the mint leaves and combine with yoghurt, a pinch of salt and pepper, a splash of lemon juice, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Blissfully savor your delicious creation!
- Ignite your barbecue, grill or griddle and preheat the pan. Assemble the kebabs on a skewer and place them onto the hot surface. Rotate occasionally to ensure even cooking for 7 minutes until all sides are golden brown and crisp.
- Finish your dish with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a zesty squeeze of lemon juice and the cool-minty yoghurt.