- Three Aubergines
- Four red peppers
- Generously drizzle olive oil, with extra for serving
- 50 gram fresh breadcrumbs
- 75 gram walnuts, toasted
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- Two tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Few leaves flat-leaf parsley
- Fire up the grill to medium-high heat and prepare your aubergines and peppers with a light coating of oil and seasoning. Place these vegetables away from direct contact with the flames, at the edges of your barbecue for optimal cooking.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes, flipping often, until the peppers become beautifully charred and the aubergines turn blackened and start to wilt.
- Place the vegetables into a bowl, cover it, and let sit for 5 minutes to steam. On the other hand, if you’re grilling indoors, preheat your grill at max temperature and cook peppers and aubergines right under your heated grill for 20 minutes while turning them regularly until their outer layer is charred with softened interiors.
- Start by peeling the aubergines and peppers. Cut off the pepper stalks, then remove all of its seeds and membranes. Chop them up into small pieces before transferring them to a food processor for easy blending.
- Chop the peeled aubergine into small pieces and place in a food processor with the other ingredients. Pulse until roughly combined, leaving it slightly lumpy for texture. Avoid making it too smooth or too chunky.
- Give it a taste for seasoning, then add more lemon juice if needed. Place the dish onto a serving platter and spread it out evenly with a spoon. Drizzle the top with extra oil and pomegranate molasses before adding some parsley leaves as garnish. Enjoy this side or starter dish alongside flatbreads for scooping up every bite!