- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 tsp hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tsp grill seasoning, a palm full
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp honey, eyeball it
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 rounded tsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cornmeal Kaiser rolls, split
- Start by melting butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Then, add chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste. Let the mixture sweat for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten it. Sprinkle sugar on top and remove from heat. Allow the mixture to cool in a bowl for 5 minutes before adding tomato paste mixture, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir until everything is combined. Next, add chicken to the bowl then grill seasoning before mixing everything together again to form 4 equal patties patty burgers . Lastly, don’t forget wash up your hands.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add relish, cabbage mix and sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the slaw to coat evenly and set it aside.
- For the best burger eating experience, serve your burgers on bun bottoms topped with slaw and then add the bun top.