- 8 ounces macaroni or cavatappi
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet peas
- 1 cup packed arugula chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery – finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard – whole grain is best
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To cook pasta in salted water, follow the directions on the package. Drain and rinse after draining. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peas, arugula, red onion, celery and dill.
- In a small mixing dish, add the vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Using a small whisk, combine everything until smooth.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta and sauce to the salad bowl. Stir until everything is well-mixed.
- When you first add the sauce, it will seem like too much. Have no fear! It will quickly soak into the noodles. And if you want, add more salt and pepper, or nutritional yeast (for a cheesy kick), to taste. Serve immediately for best results.
- 6 (1-cup) servings. Refrigerate for 2-3 days in an airtight container. If you’re making ahead of time, keep reading below.